Friday, 23 July 2010

Geek Out Moment





OK, so maybe the rest of the comics industry is in San Diego whooping it up right now, but I've just had my little geek out moment here in the UK. 
I just received a mailing postcard/flyer (above) from my US publisher, Abrams ComicArts, encouraging people to sign up to their e-newsletter.

On the front is a list of authors, including me amongst some seriously illustrious company. You know you've "arrived" when you are mentioned in the same breath as Jerry Robinson, Chip Kidd, Jaime Hernandez, Art Spiegelman, Robert Crumb, Les Daniels, Mark Evanier, Matt Groening and Kyle Baker! I'm simultaneously humbled and honoured.

Plus, they've name-checked Gene Kannenberg, Jr who helped with the research on the Erotic Comics books and Helen McCarthy who I commissioned to write The Art of Osamu Tezuka: God of Manga, which is up for an Eisner tonight (Best Comics-Related Book)! Fingers crossed we all come out smiling tomorrow morning!
Above: Chip Kidd at the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Abrams ComicArts stand, being stalked by my Erotic Comics books. He looks worried!

1 comment:

Helen McCarthy said...

I got them too, this morning! It was pretty amazing, but then, Tim - WE ARE!!!!