Sunday, 9 May 2010

And the years fly by like days..

Well, last year it was my 40th birthday and lots of lovely friends all clubbed together and bought me driving lessons. Amazingly, 6 months later, I passed my test and now the streets of Brighton are no longer safe. Thoughtful and generous  though that was, it wasn't really the present I was hoping for! An iPhone perhaps, or some great books maybe, but not driving lessons! I suspect a certain lady in my life influenced that decision!

So, with that in mind, and my birthday less than 4 weeks away, here is the wish list of books I was hoping to get last year. Not that I'm expecting to get any of these, but if there happens to be any lovely people in the publishing world out there (Abrams, DC, Marvel, Titan, etc. - you know who you are!) who happens to be feeling particularly magnanimous (hint, hint) and would love to send me copies I'd be more than happy to review anything sent over and sing your praises from the roof tops!! Go on, make an old man very happy! ;-)
Hellboy Library Edition Volume 2: The Chained Coffin, The Right Hand of Doom, and Others: "The Chained Coffin", "The Right Hand of Doom", and Others v. 2Hellboy Library Edition Volume 1: Seed of Destruction and Wake the Devil: Seed of Destruction and Wake the Devil v. 1 (Hellboy Library Editions 1)Ethel and ErnestYossel April 19, 1943: April 19, 1943 - A Story of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising


Other books I still need to get are DC Comics/Vertigo graphic novels:

Y the Last Man Vols. 4-10
100 Bullets Vols 6-13
DMZ vols 2-8
Doom Patrol Vols 3-6
Fables Vol 4-12
Fables: 1001 Nights of Snowfall


"Wake up" - Rage Against the Machine

1 comment:

TimTrue said...

Yeah, and of course I got fuck all off that list! Show's the missus never reads this! ;-)