Monday, 27 April 2009

Cover story

Had some amusing feedback recently from the sales reps of the UK distributor of Erotic Comics, regarding the cover to Volume 2 (below is the Skylight Editions version):

 They included gems such as:

“Ding Dong!”

“Saucy, but not so explicit as to worry buyers.”

“Not one single complaint. But there again, I didn’t show it to my church customers.”

And my personal favourite:

“Gives a really good indication of the filth within. Good for flushing out Samantha Fox fans”

For non-British readers Sam Fox was a Sun newspaper Page 3 glamour girl, who bared her breasts in the 1980s (this is considered a desirable career move for young girls, these days, apparently). Actually, I can’t think of another country where a national daily newspaper has naked women in it. Can someone prove me wrong? Fox went on to have a very dodgy singing career with such instant pop classics as “Touch Me.” 

Personally, I always preferred Linda Lusardi.

 

"Wake up" - Rage Against the Machine

No comments: